Graduation Frequently Asked Questions
1. When is the graduation ceremony held?
The December 2012 Graduation ceremonies will be held at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre in the Great Hall on Wednesday 5 December.
2. What time is my graduation ceremony?
- Graduating students from the Associate Degree of Civil Engineering and Diploma of CAD need to attend the 7pm ceremony
- All other graduating students may choose to attend either the 2pm or 7pm ceremony. Talk with your class to arrange which ceremony you can attend as a group.
3. How much will it cost?
$45 which includes your gown, graduation program and post-ceremony refreshments.
$15 per person including post-ceremony refreshments. Children over the age of 5 years must have their own guest ticket.
4. Do I have to pay for child guest tickets?
Children under 5 years are free. Children over 5 years of age must have their own guest ticket.
All children must be closely supervised and accompanied by an adult (who is not graduating) at all times.
5. What time do I have to be there?
Please see Graduation ceremony details (PDF 22k).
6. Where do I collect my tickets from?
Your ticket and any guest tickets will be available on the day of your graduation ceremony for you to collect from 11.30am (for the 2pm ceremony) and from 4.30pm (for the 7pm ceremony). Please collect your student tickets upon arrival (before you collect your gown) from the registration desk at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre.
Guest ticket collection is at the registration desk of the Foyer level at the Brisbane Convention and Exhibition Centre
7. What if I don't pass my studies?
If this happens, you will be entitled to a full refund for any graduation ceremony costs you have already paid. Please contact Student Services after Wednesday 5 December so your refund can be processed. You will need to complete a refund form and provide bank account details, so please have these with you. If you are unsure about your academic eligibility, please contact your Faculty.
8. What should I wear?
You will be wearing a formal academic gown over your normal clothes. Many of our graduands like to use the celebratory occasion to dress smartly. Please, no rubber thongs.
Please note: you cannot carry a handbag or other items when you cross the stage. Please leave these with family/friends or in the cloakroom.
9. Is there access for people with a disability?
Yes. The Convention and Exhibition Centre is set-up for easy access.
If you or your guests have accessibility needs or are hearing impaired please contact Marketing via email firstname.lastname@example.org and ensure you list details on your registration form.
10. Are graduation photos available?
Professional photographers, Sheila Sissons Photography, are available to take individual, group and family portraits. Each graduand will also be photographed with the SBIT Chief Executive at the moment of presentation. There will be a range of packages available, including framing services.
We recommend having all your photos taken prior to the ceremony so you donít miss out on the post-ceremony celebrations.
11. If I completed my studies earlier this year and didn't attend my graduation can I attend in December?
Absolutely. If you completed your study in July 2012, we invite you to celebrate at our December 2012 graduations.
12. Who do I contact for further information?
Student Services will be able to assist you on 13 72 48, or pop in to the Student Services Centre, Level 1, C Block.
Last updated 6 November, 2012